Coming in 2014, we will be releasing a new version of our mapping called Live 2D Mapping (our current 2D Mapping will still be available). Here is a sneak peek:
- More real-time: We re-worked how data is processed and displayed. The mapping now updates vehicle and driver data faster than ever before. Customers who really want to see their vehicle location the instant the device reports will really benefit from this.
- Easier to use: Our new search bar lets you easily find and filter vehicles. One of the best features with search is, you can use terms such as “moving” or “stopped” and the map and vehicle list will instantly update to show you only “moving” or “stopped”. You can add as many filters as you like to narrow down the results.
- Cleaner interface: Now all data will reside on the right side of the screen, keeping more of the mapping visible to view your fleet. If you click on a vehicle, the data will now pop up on the right side (before it would pop up over the selected vehicle).
- More Options: We’ve added more options to allow you to customize the mapping interface even more. Now you can change the size of the vehicle label and vehicle icon, change the driver name to only their initials, default zoom levels, and much more.
- More useful: You will soon be able to create landmarks, view histories, and send messages, all from within Live 2D Mapping.
- Better Trails: You can easily turn trails on/off with different lengths of time
We are excited to get this out to customers and can’t wait for you to use it. We will let everyone know once it’s available next year, and it may be available as a “Beta” feature by the end of the year.